You probably have hundreds, or maybe thousands, of photos on your computer, but what are you doing with them?
There are many ways to organize your photos. If you have Lightroom, you can create a catalog of your folders. You can also add tags and labels. You can put all your photos in a folder with sub-folders for dates or subjects. The trick is to find what will be meaningful to you; what will allow you to find a particular photo when you want to.
Whether you choose a detailed system of organization or simply add new photos to your computer, is this your stopping point? Do you process them? Share them online? Print them? Are you happy just knowing they exist on your hard drive?
Some ways to see your photos:
- Share them online - Facebook, Flickr, and SmugMug are some choices
- Enter a camera club competition - Quarterly Print Competition, Scavenger Hunt, Themed Challenge (club members only)
- Print one or two for a camera club exhibit (club members only)
- Enter online contests - DP Challenge, Viewbug, and Fred Miranda offer free and paid options
- Print, frame, and hang in your home
- Create a website
- Make a photobook - many companies offer this now, usually providing templates to make layout easy
- Make greeting cards or Christmas cards
- Use as a background photo on your computer, phone, or tablet
Do you have other ideas for ways to use your photos?