- Two meetings a month (2nd and 4th Thursdays - see events page for details): meetings include guest lecturers, hands on practice, critiques, software instruction, and much more.
- Quarterly print competition with feedback from three judges
- Themed challenges
- A monthly newsletter, The Photogram, featuring: Area photography classes and workshops, calls for artists/entries, technical tips & techniques, advanced notice of visting photographers' lectures at area universities, etc
- A yearly cross-country Supertrip
- Frequent special-access field trips to practice new techniques and photograph new subjects
- Scavenger Hunts to encourage your photographic creativity
- Opportunities to exhibit your photos in public venues around town
- Community service photography projects benefitting area non-profits
- A private Members-Only Facebook page where members share photos for critique, tips, questions, recommendations and area photo opportunitiies
- Camaraderie with others who share a passion for photography
- A community group with a wide range of ages, backgrounds, and skill levels
- A safe and welcoming environment where we all grow together
Types of Membership
Regular Membership. Individuals who meet the Qualifications for membership may become Regular members on application and Payment of Regular Membership Dues.
Family Membership. Members of the same family who reside in the same household and meet the Qualifications for membership may become Family Members. The membership application shall contain the names of all qualifying members.
Youth Membership. Youth membership shall be open to persons who have not reached their 19th birthday at the time of application and meet the Qualifications for membership on application and payment of one-half (1/2) Regular Dues, rounded to the nearest dollar.
Individual $25.00 ($13.00 after July 1)
Family $35.00 ($18.00 after July 1)
Youth $13.00 ($7.00 after July 1)
How to become a member
1. Pay your dues:
a. Use PayPal below (you do not need a PayPal account)
b. Pay with cash or check at any regular meeting - just stop by the Treasurer's desk. They will have you fill out a paper form with your membership information.
c. Mail your check made out to Southwest Missouri Camera Club to the address below then please visit our membership form by clicking here.
Southwest Missouri Camera Club
c/o Guy Fox
2935 S. Dayton Avenue
Springfield, MO 65807
2. Send us a photo of you for the directory
3. Be sure to get us your information for the directory - please use this form (click here)
I'm a new member - what's next?
Request access to the Facebook private group - click here
Get a print ready for the next quarterly print competition
Check the exhibits schedule and see if you would like to get a photo shown around our area
Check the latest newsletter, The Photogram
Check the events page to see what's coming up
MAKE A PAYMENT
Please use this form to pay all Membership Dues and Fees for Events/Field Trips!